Webapp Issue on the iPad Mini

We got a bug report that our webapp was not working on the iPad Mini. It was working fine on Safari on the desktop. We did some debugging and noticed that our Ajax POST calls, jQuery $.post() to be more precise, were being triggered but we did not see the requests hitting to the server. A quick search on Google led us this Stackoverflow post. We tried the Apache config change so we don’t need to make any application changes but it didn’t work for us. So we tried the $.$.ajaxSetup() fix.

$.ajaxSetup({
    type: 'POST',
    headers: { "cache-control": "no-cache" }
});

This worked well for us. Thanks to Dave at Stackoverflow for the solution!